Thursday, August 25, 2005

You Say "Po-tay-to" and I Say "Po-tah-to"

I admit it! I'm a sailor! Still...
The Base Realignment and Closure commission has voted to close the "crown jewel of Army hospitals", Walter Reed. Yeah, it sucks to be them... except that "staff and services would move" to the National Naval Medical Center "to create an expanded facility", and the expanded facility would be renamed Walter Reed. This is closing Walter Reed?
I can be a little slow on the uptake sometimes, but if I was a suspicious man I might wonder if it wasn't the National Naval Medical Center at Bethesday that just got hosed in this deal. Maybe I'm a tiny bit partisan here, but I've experienced Army hospitals returning sailors to a frigate with casts on and even one with sytemic sarcoidosis to await a medical board. (Hello! It's a frigate and I'm a Corpsman!)
Anyway, I just thought I'd mention it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.