Sunday, August 14, 2005

Thoughts on Linking

How odd is it that we blog about blogs?
I've been conscious of some of my linking choices over to the right.
I think it's important that I don't link exclusively to sites with which I always agree. That's how ditto-heads of all ideologies become inbred in their thinking; and I do recognize that there are many legitimate alternative points of view. There are times when I might actually be wrong!
On the other hand, this blog is a representation of me, and at some point I can't pass off responsibility for it. ("Hey I didn't say that! He or she said that! I just linked to him or her!") At some level the blogs I link to must speak to my values.
To remove the link must be seen as a criticism of the person, and that is unfortunate. It's exactly that, the criticism of the person, that I'm trying to get away from.

2 comments:

J. said...

I have a few right of center blogs on my bloglist - I agree, a different point of view is important. I draw the line, however, when they start quoting Michelle Malkin as an "informed source" for their writings or rant on about ridiculous things. Intelligent points of view only, please.

Hill Billy Rave said...

You Said it AQ, folks are mostly preaching to the quire.