Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Thoughts on Choices and Consequences

I want to point folks over to Winston's blog today.
Being me, I googled "Corps of Engineers funding" and the first item was Will Bunch's article.
So many issues in society these days seem to be reduced to partisan rhetoric, and that's a shame because a lot of this stuff calls for penetrating questions and deliberate thought. The comments on Bunch's blog seem to be heading that way.
I suspect that if Mr. Bush had known then what he knows now he would have funded the flood control project appropriately. I suspect that if the voters of Louisiana had known then what they know now they might not have given him the opportunity to misappropriate their funding.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link, AQ. I love your final paragraph! Wish I had written it! And I mjust might steal it and use it...but I promise appropriate attribution.