Monday, August 08, 2005

So I'm a little distracted...

This past weekend we ran out of coffee at home so I drove over to the very same Smart & Final where I stepped off the curb and broke my proximal femur four months ago tomorrow... two weeks before my scheduled surgery. Once again I am two weeks before my scheduled surgery. I walked very carefully from the car and back this time.
I don't want to dwell on the surgery. The cancer has now had eight months to develop since the biopsy, but there's nothing to be done about that now except to remove it. To tell the truth I'm more concerned about the surgeon reconnecting the plumbing correctly. Fortunately my surgeon was trained in the Navy down at the Naval Regional Medical Center in San Diego so it's more a function of my ability to heal correctly I suppose, but that's too much responsibility on me.
If any of you Intelligent Design fans have a plausible explanation for the prostate I'd be more than happy to hear it. From all that I've read, it seems to be right up there with the vermiform appendix as a part without a modern purpose other than as a site for pathology. If that's true then that's just mean.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Though I've been reading you for 2 - 3 months, I was not aware of the prostate problem. So far I have escaped it myself, but not so several folks I know in our age bracket. They have all survived it and lead normal lives. Best to you!