Thursday, March 10, 2005

Joe Scarborough Can Eat My Shorts

I got a tip to read "Congressman" Joe Scarborough's blog post of March 8th in which he purports to offer his advice to Democrats while at the same time challenging their patriotism.
"...it has been clear that while most Democrats are not openly cheering for the
terrorists killing our troops, neither were they in America’s corner."

It occurs to me that Joe's not really a congressman anymore, is he? I mean, I'm a retired Navy Corpsman and Chief Petty Officer, but I don't go around calling myself "Doc" or "Chief" anymore. It isn't really that important to me what he calls himself. It's just that if someone who's never served a day in uniform... even President Bush wore his uniform occasionally... is going to challenge my patriotism I like to know where he's coming from. If he's some pathetic little hack "wannabe" in need of a real life that's still okay. I'll keep a good thought for him.

What I really need is for one of these neocons... because this should be easy for a strict constructionist... to tell me how we get from "...in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity..." to getting kids killed trying to transform the world into a Republican fiefdom. I'm un-American? (Retired Navy Chief Expletives Deleted)

Have you ever Googled this guy? Way to go, MSNBC!

No comments: