Wednesday, March 16, 2005

The Consequences of ADHD

It came to me as I was driving home last night that you never hear about Afghanistan (Dubya's other "success" story) these days.
It turns out that they're having a pretty tough winter and are still experiencing a significant amount of civil unrest. As I looked at this piece it came to me that there may be legitimate reasons why people turn to organizations such as the Taliban and the Mafia for protection. For better or for worse, they do offer a level of stability.
As I was reading I noticed that except for limited special forces activities we've offloaded most of our responsibility for conditions in Afghanistan onto the UN and NATO... and then we send John Bolton to the UN? How decent of us...
Where is Osama bin Laden? Remember the guy who did attack the U.S.? Cold trail.

No comments: