Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thanksgiving

"I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and new."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
I am increasingly distrustful of the material accretions that more and more seem to encumber me, and mindful of the rich blessings of fellowship with people such as you. So far, even where I have found people to be wrong-headed or disagreeable, I have been able to come away from each encounter with some new piece of an idea or perspective and I have been richer for the experience.

Thank you for sharing the experience of your life with me, and for sharing mine.

4 comments:

joared said...

Enjoy reading your observations, so thank you. Here's wishing you and loved ones a Happy Thanksgiving.

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving, AQ...

Hill Billy Rave said...

AQ, I certainly hope I fit into such a category. I know you do in my book.

Kay Dennison said...

As usual, I'm days late and a more than a few dimes short! This is ever so lovely, AQ!! And I agree with you on those one doesn't particularly enjoy -- I've rarely met anyone from whom I couldn't learn something. Hope your Thanksgiving was as blessed with great food & good company as mine! Hugssssssss, my friend!