Thursday, December 30, 2004

Bishop Desmond Tutu

I find that when you're listening to some people... or even reading an interview with one of them... you just can't help but smile. That sounds stupid, I know; but you know that there's nothing but love there... nothing abusive... no vituperation... an occasional loving reproach such as one might expect from a loving teacher or parent. You can just feel that they are at peace.
Maybe it's me... a bias of mine... but some of those angry evangelists you see?... telling me what or who God hates? Well, I think it says a lot about who we are... about who we're becoming... that we've given them such a powerful forum in this country.
The Creator of Life did not create good life and bad life... who would do such a thing as to deliberately create bad life?... just LIFE... and it's all precious. Bishop Tutu knows this, too.

No comments: