Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Election Day

My connectivity issue resurfaced (Joared, the jury is out on Verizon as well as on your provider.) so I didn't run through all of the California propositions. Today is about keeping good thoughts that America will use wisdom in choosing our government and our future.

I wish I felt more confident in the outcome. It has been frustrating speaking with people I care about and generally find to be agreeable who, at the end of the conversation, turn toward the darkness of the neo-fascists. How on earth can we agree on universal healthcare and then you vote for those who oppose it?

Today is about keeping good thoughts that - this time - enough Americans in the right states will use wisdom in choosing our future.

2 comments:

Kay Dennison said...

I just tell them that I won't listen to them complain when they don't get what they need.

I'm just glad it's over. This campaign has gone on far too long amd I am sick of sound bytes, promises, insults, posturing, wardrobes, morality, and downright bald-faced lies!

In two years this will start all over. Enjoy the quiet while it lasts.

I wish there would be limits set on campaigning.

joared said...

Whoopdedoo, AQ! Hope does exist in this U.S. We must celebrate the time full well knowing there's lots of work still ahead.

I know, some of our CA Propositions didn't make it but we can't throw in the towel just yet.

This campaign and election is over. Wonder how long before the next campaign begins?