Thursday, November 06, 2008

How about if Obama named Colin Powell as his Secretary of State?

I know; no one was more disappointed watching him shill for George W. Bush (when he must have known better) than I was. I'm thinking he must have lost a lot of sleep over the past five years thinking about the all of the lives he had a hand in destroying, and his best shot at any redemption is a chance to be the Secretary of State we were expecting in 2001, a chance to be the George Marshall of the post-Cold War era.

I had a lot of respect for General Powell when he was in uniform. I think he's better than he ever had a chance to be in the present administration. I think he's just exactly what the Obama administration needs at State, and (coincidentally) it would give him an opportunity to clean up his karma. Richardson would be okay, but I think Powell is ideally suited for 2009.

1 comment:

Kay Dennison said...

I'm with you. Colin Powell is one of the people who clinched my vote for Obama. I think he did a lot of things that made him sick at heart on the orders of the current administration. It disappointed me at the time. I think he'd be great.