Tuesday, October 31, 2006

On the Subject of the American Economy

Maybe it's just me, but I think it's disingenuous to hold up the performance of 30 of the largest multinational corporations (the Dow-Jones Industrial Average) as a measure of the performance of the American economy.
Personally, I'm a lot more interested in the net income in my apartment than I am in the stock price of Exxon, GE and GM.
That's just me, and I don't claim to speak for anyone but myself... but my economy hasn't gone anywhere good for awhile now.

4 comments:

Rain Trueax said...

hi, i have been reading your blog for a week or so and just wanted to say I enjoy it and your thinking. I am a fellow moderate or was before the parties became so divisive and I feel compelled to vote for the left at least for now.

Maya's Granny said...

I agree. The economy hasn't been kind to me these last few years, and I'm still working. Every advance I make in salary, I more than lose in increased share of health insurance premiums, and let's not even get into decreased benefits.

joared said...

Yes, I think you've made a good point, about who has really benefited in this economy. There are entirely too many people who are being left behind. Not enough of our leaders, or those who put them power care, I guess.

Hill Billy Rave said...

Yeah, they should ask us all...how's your pigggy bank folks? we can shake it then shake our heads...