Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Guess Who's Coming to Dinner?

Okay, I know it doesn't matter, and I can't believe that I'm citing The Scoop, but Sun Myung Moon bought a table at the Inauguration? Somebody tell me this is a hoax!
People were having conniptions because Gore was consorting with ChiComs in 2000 (the HsiLai temple in Hacienda Heights, California which is a branch of a temple in Taiwan not mainland China and they're buddhists for Pete's sake), and the poster boy for the Religious Right is taking a $250,000 boost from the Unification Church for his inauguration? Please tell me that the Republic has not come to this. Tell me there's been a misunderstanding.
There's more on this at cultnews.

2 comments:

John said...

It's the truth. Keep up on it at IApproveThisMessiah.com. I appreciate finding anyone who shares my bewilderment.

Rich Horton said...

You do know that the Moonies own the Washington Times, right? Why should this be a surprise?

Not that the Reps are alone. The Dems have pretty disturbing connections to the scientology nuts as well.