Sunday, October 09, 2005

Getting Back to It

It's been too long. Unfortunately most of the topics that have been bugging me recently are somewhat local, but this is what happens when people confuse Hollywood with reality.
Okay, that's not entirely true, but I don't see any light in the tunnels of national politics. Republicans and Democrats are much more interested in remaining in the good graces of their respective parties than in addressing anything I care about.
I'm not going to dwell on the reasons for my absence. Let it suffice to say that my bride now lives in Arkansas, and I still don't have a surgery date... but apparently it is now possible to put a filter in the vena cava between my clot and my heart before the surgery.
I say "my clot" now, because I'm told that we are destined to spend the rest of our lives together. Yes, I'm thinking of a name for it.

3 comments:

Hill Billy Rave said...

Good to see your'e hanging in there.

Anonymous said...

So glad you're back, AQ, even if it does appear that life ain't easy right now.

It would be great to have a more detailed take from your particular point of view on some of the multitude of recent developments in Washington...please?

Anonymous said...

I echo that - glad to see you back! We were beginning to wonder if a search team should be deployed. Sorry about the rough spots, some sound familiar, some not. Bride - no comment except been there done that and my advice on such matters stinks. Clot? If it's there to stay, maybe you should name it. A friend once named a 4X4 I got, said it looked like a clod-buster, so named it "Buster". Clod - clot - not too dissimilar. Think about it. Buster. Not a bad name for a friendly clot that moves in and takes up residence.