Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Time Flies When You're Having Fun

I haven't been having that much fun, but time has gotten away from me.
I did renew my lease here once again, and I've been trying to find a comfortable, productive niche for myself. I've been more active in the local community and training for CERT. I have more Red Cross training on the calendar in the coming weeks.
I've been tinkering with a piece on health care financing issues (I'm certain that the figures being tossed around for Universal Health Care are hugely inflated by corporate interests) but I haven't made the time to put it together.
The 2008 presidential election leaves me wishing for better choices, and California politics... why is it that in this blue state there are no standout Democrats? Is it simply that, with their gerrymandered districts, they don't need to do anything?
Welcome home, Sean at Doc in the Box!

2 comments:

Kay Dennison said...

Glad to see a post from you!!! I'm also glad that you're keeping busy!!!

So does renewing your lease mean that your retirement thoughts are on hold?

joared said...

Isn't it wonderful that we still don't have a State budget here in Calif.! What are we paying those people to do up there in Sacramento? What is the purpose of having a deadline for passing a budget when they don't figure out a way to meet it? I think we should just lock them all up in a room 24/7, withhold their salaries after the deadline expires until the come up with a budget. I guess that's an uncivil solution.