Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Getting Back to the Blog

I have to say that losing John Edwards has taken a lot of the wind out of my sails. I know I have historically been sporadic in posting, but it's 2008 and I have nothing left to write about in February. John McCain promises not to change anything, Hillary Clinton hasn't changed anything but says she wants to start, and I seriously doubt that Barack Obama has the political chops to change anything.
John McCain hurts my heart because (despite the Keating scandal) he's been someone I respected, and now it's painful for me to watch him. I'm reminded of how I felt when Admiral Stockdale stumbled so badly through the VP candidate debates several years ago.
I have a couple of posts working and I hope to get at least one of them out within a couple of days. It won't be anything like Kay's series over at the Thinking Cap... as I've said before, I am not comfortable sharing the fruits of my introspective efforts (and, yes, that has been a topic of discussion with more than one of my exes). I respect folks who are willing and able to do that, and it might be healthy if I did it, but... seriously... no. With me you get superficiality.
Keeping good thoughts, for Maya's Granny. Update here.
Namaste

3 comments:

Kay Dennison said...

Hope you get back here on a regular basis soon! As to my series, I'd avoided writing about any of this. Blame Xtreme English for tagging me with that meme that was going around!!!! You have no idea how hard it's been to write it and yet somehow I feel compelled to do so.

Like you, Campaign 2008 leaves me cold. I want to vote no for president.

Anonymous said...

Actually, McCain outcampaigns them all. I've supported him all along, so I hope you're able to get back into blogging the election.

Obama's a disaster, as this whole Wright controversy's shown

Rain Trueax said...

I hope you get back to blogging more regularly because the country needs differing viewpoints and people who think to stand up for what they believe. I am an Obama fan, as you probably already know. I think he has more chops than you might think if you take into account the campaign he has run. He is the only real hope, in my opinion, as McCain sure won't fix anything given how tightly he has tied himself to Bush on Iraq and the economy. Obama might surprise you if he gets in :)

But whatever your viewpoints, I hope you write more often :)