Tuesday, January 22, 2008

None of My Damn Business

Today, of course, is the 35th anniversary of the Supreme Court decision in Roe v. Wade. My comment here will be brief:
I believe that a woman's body is her own; it is not for me or for anyone other than that woman to decide whether or not she may terminate a pregnancy. There is a line, I think, between abortion and infanticide later in a pregnancy, but I don't think it's for me to say that conception defines a woman and her available choices regarding her person. I am eternally thankful that my daughter made the choice that she did, but I am also thankful that she had the choice.
Check out this post by Maya's Granny.

2 comments:

Sean Dustman said...

While I don't personally agree with abortions, I also don't think it's the right of anybody else to say what you can and can't do to your own body (I've stood by this on a very personal level). I couldn't agree more.

Kay Dennison said...

I think you've made an excellent statement here.