Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Thoughts on what makes #45 the way he is

The fact is that I don't hate #45. I don't love him, but I don't hate him either. I kind of feel sorry for him.
I have no idea how a shady New York real estate developer came to believe that being POTUS was in his wheelhouse, but he doesn't appear to me to be having a lot more fun with this than we are. I look at him and the sycophants around him and, while some of the sycophants appear to be having a pretty good time, #45 himself does not. I don't know if he has a true friend in the world.
I'm not a "shrink" but I think a lot of it goes to his emotional reactivity. Emotionally he's an adolescent.
I suspect most have noticed by now that his go-to move in any contest is to trivialize his opponent with a pejorative nickname. That probably served him well through middle-school as it does for a lot of bullies, but an incapacity to speak to the issues is generally regarded as a disadvantage in the world of adults.
"Who is the whistle-blower?" In the world of adults, it doesn't matter. It could have been completely anonymous and, if the information was true and correct, it would be actionable intelligence, but that's where his brain is stuck. He can't get past the personal affront and, to him, it's always personal. What he does, on the other hand, is just how he does business.

I don't want to see POTUS impeached... and I certainly don't want to see his VP elevated into that office. I want #45 to walk out of the White House on Inauguration Day 2021 back into his natural habitat and then to think no more about him as we hopefully begin to heal the wounds inflicted on the fabric of our Republic and the world.

No comments: