Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A Word for HM3 Eichmann A. Strickland

Hospital Corpsman Third Class Eichmann A. Strickland, 23, of Arlington, WA, died September 9 of injuries suffered when his vehicle hit an IED in Afghanya Valley, Afghanistan.
Doc Strickland was assigned to Combat Service Support Detachment 36, Iwakuni, Japan. He was deployed with an embedded Marine Training Team to Afghan Regional Security Integration Command Central. Part of his job was training Afghani soldiers how to treat wounds.
After his service, Doc Strickland wanted to become a physician assistant and become a medical missionary to Africa.
Semper Fi

6 comments:

Mandy said...

Strickland was a very dear friend of mine.

He lit up the lives of everyone he touched and we are all so sad to see him go.


RIP Stricky.

Kay Dennison said...

May a gracious God be holding him in His arms.

Hutchins said...

I was at NHCP with Strickland while we were all still in training. A funny and easy person that truly did make people smile. I can't remember him ever being mean or rude. I am sad to find out he is no longer with us. Of all the people I met while in the Navy, about 20 stick out in my mind and Strickland is one of them. I hope his family has found peace.

Unknown said...

...just remembering him on this Memorial Day. He died in the same IED attack with my nephew.
I'm so sorry that you lost your dear friend, he is always remembered by our family.

Holly said...

Love you Ike! I'm glad God answered your prayers and mine and took you not a moment too soon. I will see you again someday!

Joshua westbrook said...

I was in Afghanistan with Strickland. Actually working the toc for his final mission. I just wish there was something more I could have done for him.