Saturday, September 16, 2006

Moral Ambiguity and Changing Seasons

This morning as I was reflecting on the President's apparent abandonment of the Golden Rule... I'm not aware of an exception clause that allows for the torture of non-citizens with dark skin tones... I surfed over this piece from Kurt Vonnegut which seems to have a little something for several of my hot buttons. I hope you have a moment to read and reflect on it... and vote in November.
I'm off for two weeks. I promised Max I'd show him autumn in the Smoky Mountains, and I need to introduce myself to my grandson.
I will have my laptop so I may comment if I find somewhere to plug it in, but I haven't been very good about posting on here even without an excuse.
"May no fears affect you.
May no illnesses afflict you.
May no dangers come your way.
May you enjoy good health and long life."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bush is the polar opposite of what America is, yet he is the face the people recruiting terrorists are using.

http://dontbealemming.com/2006/09/24/is-america-the-worlds-bully.aspx

Posted by the Lemming Herder from Don’t Be A Lemming!